If you’re a gardener, you know how much good coffee grounds can be to your garden. They’re great for compost, they keep many animals away, and the list goes on and on.
We have coffee grounds. No…correction…we have LOTS of coffee grounds. And we figured we might as well get them to you. They’re in the big white bin outside the roastery door. you can come by anytime you’d like and scoop up as much as you like. Bring your own bucket, bag or other carrying sack. Please don’t run off with the entire bin.
If it’s empty, we’re really sorry. We’ll make sure we fill it up with more grounds very, very soon!
If you need to know how to get to our place, here’s a map for you:
Didn’t know Coffee Grounds were so useful?
Here are a couple of hints of things you can do with coffee grounds:
- Add it to your compost bin
- Mix it in the soil to add nitrogen
- Sprinkle it around the plants to keep away animals like rabbits
- Change the pH level of the soil so your blooms bloom blue (or other colors depending on the plant)
- Keep slugs away
- Works great for carrots and raddishes and other root plants
- It attracts worms which are fantastic for your garden
- Put together a mushroom farm in a 5 gallon bucket
- Mix 1 teaspoon of it with your dog’s shampoo for a natural flea bath
There are a million other uses for used coffee grounds. Let us know your favorite uses in the comments below!